You must download a TFTP Boot ZIP file from your Auto Deploy server. The customized FTP server serves the boot images that Auto Deploy provides. You can perform the task in the vSphere Web Client.
Before you begin
- From your Web browser, access the URL of the vSphere Web Client that connects to the vCenter Server system which manages the Auto Deploy server.
- When the Certificate warning appears continue to the vCenter Server system.
- In the inventory, drill down to the vCenter Server system.
- Click the Manage tab, select Settings, and click Auto Deploy.
- Click Download TFTP Boot Zip to download the TFTP configuration file.
- Save the file (Deploy-tftp.zip) to the TFTP_Root directory that you created when you installed the TFTP Server and unzip the file into that directory.
- Minimize the Web browser you are using with the vSphere Web Client.
What to do next
Prepare the depot from which Auto Deploy retrieves the ESXi software when it provisions the hosts. See Prepare the ESXi Software Depot.