When you create an image profile and exit the PowerCLI session, the image profile is no longer available when you start a new session. You can export the image profile to a ZIP file software depot, and add that depot in the next session.
- Install the VMware PowerCLI and all prerequisite software. See Install Image Builder PowerCLI and Prerequisite Software.
- If you encounter problems running PowerCLI cmdlets, consider changing the execution policy. See Using Image Builder Cmdlets.
- In a PowerCLI session, create an image profile, for example by cloning an existing image profile and adding a VIB.
- Before you exit the session, export the image profile to a ZIP file by calling Export-EsxImageProfile with the ExportToBundle parameter.
Export-EsxImageProfile -ImageProfile "my_profile" -ExportToBundle -FilePath "C:\isos\temp-base-plus-vib25.zip"
- Exit the PowerCLI session.
- When you start a new PowerCLI session, you can add the depot to access your image profile.