The Hardware Health service is a vCenter Server extension that uses an Internet Explorer Web browser control to display information about host hardware health. Use the information in this topic to troubleshoot problems with Hardware Health.
- ♦ Take the appropriate action based on the observed problem.
Problem Action The Hardware Status tab is not visible in the vSphere Client. Selectand verify that the Hardware Status plug-in is enabled. The Hardware Status tab displays the following error message: the remote name could not be resolved SERVER_NAME where SERVER_NAME is the domain name of the vCenter Server system. This error appears when the client system is unable to resolve the domain name of the vCenter Server system. Either fix the domain name resolution problem, or edit the file C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\VirtualCenter Server\extensions\cim-ui\extensions.xml on the vCenter Server system and replace the vCenter Server domain name with its IP address. The Hardware Status tab displays a security alert. Your Internet Explorer security settings are set too high. To change the security settings:
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Select .
- Click the Security tab.
- Select the Local intranet Web content zone.
- Click Custom Level.
- Underneath Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Web browser control, select Enable.
- Click OK to close the Security Settings dialog box, and click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.