When you connect the vSphere Client to vCenter Server, you can view the health status from the Hardware Status tab.
When you are connected to a host through vCenter Server, you must use the Hardware Status tab to monitor the host health.
Ensure that the vCenter Hardware Status plug-in is enabled.
- Log in to a vCenter Server system using the vSphere Client.
- Select the host in the inventory and click the Hardware Status tab.
- From the View drop-down menu, select the type of information to view.
Option Description Sensors Displays all sensors arranged in a tree view. If the status is blank, the health monitoring service cannot determine the status of the component.
- Click Show all sensors to expand the tree view to show all sensors under each group.
- Click Show all details to expand the tree view to show descriptive details for every sensor.
- Click Hide all to collapse the tree view to show only the sensor groups.
Alerts and warnings Displays only alerts and warnings. System event log Displays the system event log.
Click Reset event log to clear the event log.Caution: Resetting the event log clears all log data. Download a support bundle or export the log data before resetting the log if you need to preserve existing log information for troubleshooting.