To monitor your environment, you can create and modify alarm definitions in the vSphere Web Client. You can view alarm settings from any object, but you can modify settings only through the object on which the alarm is defined.
About this task
You can access alarm definitions in the Manage tab or in the pop-up menu.
- Create or edit alarms in the Manage tab.
- Select an inventory object and click the Manage tab.
- Click Alarm Definitions.
- Right-click the list of alarms and select one of the options to add or edit an alarm.
- Add an alarm to an object in the object navigator.
- Right-click an inventory object and select .