Before you can create a VM-Host affinity rule, you must create the host DRS group and the virtual machine DRS group that the rule applies to.
About this task
For a cluster of virtual machines on one physical host, create one virtual machine DRS group that contains all MSCS virtual machines. For example, VMGroup_1 contains MSCS_VM_1 and MSCS_VM_2.
For a cluster of virtual machines across physical hosts, create one virtual machines DRS group for each MSCS virtual machine. For example, VMGroup_1 contains MSCS_VM_1 and VMGroup_2 contains MSCS_VM_2.
- Browse to the cluster in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Manage tab.
- Click Settings, click DRS Groups and click Add.
- In the DRS Group dialog box, type a name for the group.
- Select VM DRS Group from the Type drop down box and click Add.
- Click the check box next to a virtual machine to add it. Continue this process until all desired virtual machines have been added.
For a cluster of virtual machines on one physical host, add all MSCS virtual machines to one group.
For a cluster of virtual machines across physical hosts, add one MSCS virtual machine per group.
- Click OK.