You must set the automation level of all virtual machines in an MSCS cluster to Partially Automated. When you set the vSphere DRS automation level for the virtual machine to Partially Automated, vCenter Server will perform initial placement of virtual machines when they are powered on and will provide migration recommendations for them.
About this task
Migration of MSCS clustered virtual machines is not recommended.
- Browse to the cluster in the vSphere Web Client object navigator.
- Click the Manage tab and click Settings.
- Under Services, click Edit.
- Expand DRS Automation, under Virtual Machine Automation select the Enable individual virtual machine automation levels check box and click OK.
- Under Configuration, select VM Overrides and click Add.
- Click the + button, select the MSCS virtual machines in the cluster and click OK.
- Click the Automation level drop-down menu, and select Partially Automated.
- Click OK.