Create VM-Host affinity rules to specify whether the members of a selected virtual machine DRS group can run on the members of a specific host DRS group.
Create virtual machine DRS groups that contain one or more MSCS virtual machines as described in Create a Virtual Machine DRS Group (MSCS) in the vSphere Web Client.
Create host DRS groups that contain one or more ESXi hosts, as described in Create a Host DRS Group (MSCS) in the vSphere Web Client.
- Browse to the cluster in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Manage tab.
- Click Settings, click DRS Rules and click Add.
- In the DRS Rule dialog box, type a name for the rule.
- From the Type menu, select Virtual Machines to Hosts.
- Select the virtual machine DRS group and the host DRS group to which the rule applies.
For example, select VMGroup_1 and HostGroup_1.
- Select Must run on hosts in group.
- Click OK.