Enable the traffic filtering and marking policy on a port to configure traffic security and marking on a virtual machine network adapter, VMkernel adapter, or uplink adapter.
Enable the port-level override option for this policy. See Edit Advanced Distributed Port Group Settings with the vSphere Web Client.
- Browse to a distributed switch in the vSphere Web Client.
- Navigate to a distributed port or an uplink port.
To navigate to the distributed ports of the switch, click.
To navigate to the uplink ports of an uplink port group, click Ports on the Manage tab., double-click an uplink port group from the list, and select
- Select a port from the list.
- Click Edit distributed port settings.
- Select Traffic filtering and marking.
- Select the Override check box, and from the Status drop-down menu, select Enabled.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Set up traffic filtering or marking for the data flowing through the distributed port or through the uplink port. See Mark Traffic on a Distributed Port or Uplink Port in the vSphere Web Client and Filter Traffic on a Distributed Port or Uplink Port in the vSphere Web Client.