You can change both system and user-defined network resource pool settings to change the priority network traffic for that network resource pool.
- Browse to a distributed switch in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Manage tab, and click Resource Allocation.
- Select a network resource pool from the list and click Edit.
- Edit the Host limit for the network resource pool in megabits per second or select Unlimited.
- Select an option for the network resource pool from the Physical adapter shares drop-down menu.
Sets the shares for this resource pool to 25.
Sets the shares for this resource pool to 50.
Sets the shares for this resource pool to 100.
A specific number of shares, from 1 to 100, for this network resource pool.
- (Optional) Select a QoS tag for the network resource pool.
The QoS priority tag specifies an IEEE 802.1p tag, allowing quality of service at the media access control level.
- Click OK.