You can remove a physical NIC of a host from an uplink on a vSphere distributed switch.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the host.
- On the Manage tab, click Networking, and select Virtual switches.
- Select the distributed switch.
- Click Manage the physical network adapters.
- Select an uplink an click Remove selected adapters.
- Click OK.
What to do next
When you remove physical NICs from active virtual machines, you might see the NICs you removed reported in the vSphere Web Client. See Removing NICs from Active Virtual Machines.