You can create a private VLAN for use on a vSphere distributed switch and its associated distributed ports.
- Browse to a distributed switch in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Manage tab, and click Settings.
- Select Private VLAN and click Edit.
- Click Add to add a Primary VLAN ID to the list.
- Click up and down arrows to select a primary private VLAN ID.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to the Primary VLAN ID to add it to the list.
The primary private VLAN also appears under Secondary Private VLAN ID.
- To add a secondary VLAN, click Add under the Secondary VLAN list, and click the up and down arrows to enter the number for the secondary VLAN.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to the Secondary VLAN ID to add it to the list.
- In the Secondary VLAN type column, click into the column to activate a drop-down menu. Select either Isolated or Community for the VLAN type.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Configure a distributed port group or port to associate traffic with the private VLAN. See Edit the VLAN Policy on a Distributed Port Group in the vSphere Web Client and Edit the VLAN Policy on a Distributed Port with the vSphere Web Client.