You can enable DirectPath I/O with vMotion for virtual machines in a datacenter on a Cisco UCS system that has at least one supported Cisco UCS Virtual Machine Fabric Extender (VM-FEX) distributed switch.
Before you begin
Enable high performance network I/O on at least one Cisco UCS port profile on a supported Cisco VM-FEX distributed switch. For supported switches and switch configuration, see documentation at the CIsco Web site.http://www.cisco.com/go/unifiedcomputing/b-series-doc
- Locate the virtual machine in the vSphere Web Client.
- Select a datacenter, folder, cluster, resource pool, or host and click the Related Objects tab.
- Click Virtual Machines and select the virtual machine from the list.
- Power off the virtual machine.
- On the Manage tab of the virtual machine, select .
- Click Edit and select the Virtual Hardware tab.
- Expand the Memory section, and set the Limit to Unlimited.
- Expand the Network adapter section to configure a passthrough device.
- Select a port profile with high performance enabled from the network drop-down menu and click OK.
- Power on the virtual machine.