You can configure distributed port or uplink port blocking policies.
Before you begin
To override the traffic shaping policy at the port level, enable the port-level overrides. See Edit Advanced Distributed Port Group Settings with the vSphere Web Client
- Browse to a distributed switch in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Manage tab, and select Ports.
- Select a port from the list.
- Click Edit distributed port settings.
- In the Miscellaneous section, select the Block Port Override check box and choose Yes or No from the drop-down menu.
Yes shuts down all ports in the port group. This might disrupt the normal network operations of the hosts or virtual machines using the ports.
- Click OK.