Add a distributed port group to a user-defined network resource pool to include in the network resource pool all virtual machine network traffic from that distributed port group.
Before you begin
Create one or more user-defined network resource pools on the vSphere distributed switch.
- Browse to a distributed switch in the vSphere Web Client.
- Right-click the distributed switchin the navitgator and select Manage Distributed Port Groups.
- On the Select port group policies page, select the Resource allocation check box and click Next.
- On the Select port groups page, select port groups to edit and click Next.
- On the Configure policies - Resource allocation page, add or remove the distributed switch from the network resource pool and click Next.
To add the distributed port group to a resource pool, select a user-defined resource pool from the Network resource pool drop-down menu.
To remove the distributed port group from a resource pool, select default from the Network resource pool drop-down menu.
If there are no user-defined network resource pools on the distributed switch, you will only see default in the drop-down menu.
- Review your settings on the Ready to Complete page and click Finish.
Use the Back button to change your selections.