A physical adapter can become a bottleneck for network traffic if the adapter speed does not match application requirements. You can change the connection speed and duplex of a physical adapter to transfer data in compliance with traffic rate.
- Browse to a host in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Manage tab, and select Physical adapters from Networking.
The physical network adapters of the host appear in a table that contains details for each physical network adapter.
- Select the physical network adapter from the list and click Edit.
- Select speed and duplex mode of the physical network adapter from the drop-down menu.
- (Optional) : If the physical adapter supports SR-IOV, enable it and configure the number of virtual functions to use for virtual machine networking.
- Click OK.