You can change the DNS and default gateway configuration of a TCP/IP stack on a host, the congestion control algorithm, the maximum number of connections, and the name of custom TCP/IP stacks.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the host.
- Click Manage, click Networking, and select TCP/IP configuration.
- Select a stack from the table and click Edit.
- On the Name page, you can change the name of a custom TCP/IP stack.
- On the DNS configuration page, select a method of obtaining DNS server information.
Obtain settings automatically from virtual network adapter
From the VMKernel network adapter drop-down menu, select a network adapter.
Enter settings manually
Edit the Host name.
Edit the Domain name.
Type a preferred DNS server IP address.
Type an alternate DNS server IP address.
Use the Search domains text box to look for hosts with specific names.
- On the Routing page, edit the VMkernel gateway information.
Removing the default gateway might cause the client to lose connectivity with the host.
- On the Advanced page, edit the congestion control algorithm of the stack and the maximum number of connections.
- Click OK.