Set the VLAN policy on a distributed port group to apply VLAN tagging globally on all distributed ports .
- Browse to a distributed switch in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Right-click the distributed switch in the navigator and select Manage Distributed Port Groups.
- Select the VLAN check box and click Next.
- Select the port group that you want to edit and click Next.
- Select the type of VLAN traffic filtering and marking from the Type drop-down menu and click Next.
Do not use VLAN.
Use this option in case of External Switch Tagging (EST).
Tag traffic with the ID from the VLAN ID field.
Type a number between 1 and 4094 for Virtual Switch Tagging (VST). Type 4095 for Virtual Guest Tagging (VGT).
Pass VLAN traffic with ID within the VLAN trunk range. You can set multiple ranges and individual VLANs by using a comma-separated list.
Use this option in VGT.
Associate the traffic with a private VLAN created on the distributed switch.
- Review your settings and click Finish.