You can edit advanced distributed port group settings, such as override settings and reset at disconnect.
- Locate a distributed port group in the vSphere Web Client.
- To locate a distributed port group, select a distributed switch and click the Related Objects tab.
- Click Distributed Port Groups and select a distributed port group from the list.
- Click the Manage tab and click Settings.
- Click Edit.
- Select theAdvanced page to edit the distributed port group settings.
Option Description Configure reset at disconnect
From the drop-down menu, enable or disable reset at disconnect.
When a distributed port is disconnected from a virtual machine, the configuration of the distributed port is reset to the distributed port group setting. Any per-port overrides are discarded.
Override port policies Select the distributed port group policies to be overridden on a per-port level.
- (Optional) Use the policy pages to set overrides for each port policy.
- Click OK.