Assign a physical adapter to a standard switch to provide connectivity to virtual machines and VMkernel adapters on the host. You can form a team of NICs to distribute traffic load and to configure failover.
About this task
NIC teaming combines multiple network connections to increase throughput and provide redundancy should a link fail. To create a team, you associate multiple physical adapters to a single vSphere standard switch.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the host.
- On the Manage tab, click Networking, and select Virtual switches.
- Select the standard switch you want to add a physical adapter to.
- Click Manage the physical network adapters.
- Click Add adapters.
- Select one or more physical network adapters from the list and select the Failover order group to assign the adapters to, and click OK.
The selected adapters appear in the selected failover group list under the Assigned Adapters list.
- (Optional) Use the up and down arrows to change the position of an adapter in the failover groups.
- Click OK to apply the physical adapter configuration.