Create user-defined network resource pools for customized network resource management.
About this task
User-defined network resource pools are available only on vSphere distributed switches version 5.0.0 or later.
- Browse to a distributed switch in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Manage tab, and click Resource Allocation.
- Click New.
- Type a Name for the network resource pool or accept the generated name.
- (Optional) : Type a Description for the network resource pool.
- Set the Host limit for the network resource pool in megabits per second, or select Unlimited.
- Select the Physical adapter shares for the network resource pool from the drop-down menu.
Sets the shares for this resource pool to 25.
Sets the shares for this resource pool to 50.
Sets the shares for this resource pool to 100.
Aspecific number of shares, from 1 to 100, for this network resource pool.
- (Optional) : Select the QoS tag for the network resource pool.
The QoS priority tag specifies an IEEE 802.1p tag, allowing quality of service at the media access control level.
- Click OK.
The new resource pool appears in the User-defined network resource pools section.
What to do next
Add one or more distributed port groups to the network resource pool.