Remove a VMkernel adapter from a vSphere distributed or a standard switch when you no longer need the adapter. Make sure that you leave at least one VMkernel adapter for management traffic on the host to keep the network connectivity up.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the host.
- Under Manage, select Networking and then select VMkernel adapters.
- Select a VMkernel adapter from the list, and click Remove.
- On the confirmation dialog, click Analyze impact.
- Review the impacted services and the level of impact.
The service will continue its normal function after the new networking configuration is applied.
The normal function of the service might be disrupted if the new networking configuration is applied.
The normal function of the service will be interrupted if the new networking configuration is applied.
- If impact on a service is important or critical, click the service and review the reasons that are displayed in the Analysis details pane.
- If there are no impacted services, close the Analyze Impact dialog, otherwise cancel the removal of the VMkernel adapter until you fix the seasons for any critical or important impact on a service.
- Click OK.