Associate a distributed port group with a network resource pool to give you greater control over the bandwidth that is given to the distributed port group.
Before you begin
Create one or more user-defined network resource pools. See Create a Network Resource Pool with the vSphere Web Client
- Browse to a distributed switch in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Right-click the distributed switch in the navigator and select Manage Distributed Port Groups.
- Select the Resource allocation check box and click Next.
- Select the distributed port group to edit and click Next.
- Add or remove the distributed port group from the network resource pool and click Next.
To add the distributed port group, select a user-defined resource pool from the Network resource pool drop-down menu.
To remove the distributed port group, select default from the Network resource pool drop-down menu.
- Review your settings in the Ready to complete section and click Finish.
Use the Back button to change any settings.