You might be able to improve the performance of the applications on a virtual machine by pinning its virtual CPUs to fixed processors. This allows you to prevent the virtual CPUs from migrating across NUMA nodes.
- Find the virtual machine in the vSphere Web Client inventory.
- To find a virtual machine, select a datacenter, folder, cluster, resource pool, or host.
- Click the Related Objects tab and click Virtual Machines.
- Right-click the virtual machine and click Edit Settings.
- Select the Virtual Hardware tab, and expand CPU.
- Under Scheduling Affinity, set the CPU affinity to the preferred processors.
You must manually select all processors in the NUMA node. CPU affinity is specified on a per-processor, not on a per-node, basis.