Copy and paste operations between the guest operating system and remote console are disabled by default. For a secure environment, retain the default setting. If you require copy and paste operations, you must enable them using the vSphere Client.
Turn off the virtual machine.
- Log into a vCenter Server system using the vSphere Web Client.
- Right-click the virtual machine and click Edit Settings.
- Click VM Options, and click Edit Configuration.
- Ensure that the following values are in the Name and Value columns, or click Add Row to add them.
These options override any settings made in the guest operating system’s VMware Tools control panel.
- Click OK.
- (Optional) If you made changes to the configuration parameters, restart the virtual machine.