VMware recommends that you create roles to suit the access control needs of your environment.
Before you begin
Verify that you are logged in as a user with Administrator privileges.
About this task
If you create or edit a role on a vCenter Server system that is part of a connected group in Linked Mode, the changes that you make are propagated to all other vCenter Server systems in the group. Assignments of roles to specific users and objects are not shared across linked vCenter Server systems.
- Browse to vSphere Web Client. in the
- Select a vCenter Server system from the drop-down menu.
- Click Create role action.
- Type a name for the new role.
- Select privileges for the role and click OK.