To authenticate the vSphere Authentication Proxy server to ESXi, upload the proxy server certificate to ESXi.
Before you begin
Install the vSphere Authentication Proxy service on a host as described in Install the vSphere Authentication Proxy Service.
Export the vSphere Authentication Proxy server certificate as described in Export vSphere Authentication Proxy Certificate.
About this task
You use the vSphere Web Clientuser interface to upload the vSphere Authentication Proxy server certificate to ESXi.
- Upload the certificate for the authentication proxy server to a temporary location accessible to the host.
- In the vSphere Web Client, browse to a datastore accessible to the host and click the Manage tab.
- Click Files and click Upload File.
- Browse to the certificate and select Open.
To upload or download files from a datastore, you must have the Client Integration Plug-in installed on the system where you use the vSphere Web Client.
- Browse to the host and click the Manage tab.
- Select the Configuration tab and click Authentication Services.
- Click Import Certificate.
- Enter the full path to the authentication proxy server certificate file on the host and the IP address of the authentication proxy server.
Use the form [datastore name] file path to enter the path to the proxy server.
- Click Import.
What to do next
Set up the host to use vSphere Authentication Proxy server to authenticate users.