If you plan to replace the default certificate and key with a certificate and key from a certificate authority, ensure that your environment has the required software installed.
Your environment does not have to meet these requirements if you use self-signed certificates.
- Microsoft CA (2000 or higher), with Web Server template
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) installed on the system where you will generate the certificate-signing request
- OpenSSL 0.98r or higher installed on the system where you will generate the certificate-signing request
- Putty or other SSH client (recommended)
- WinSCP or other SFTP/SCP client
- vCenter Server
- ESXi 5.1 or later