You can use vCenter Single Sign-On with Windows Session Authentication (SSPI). To make the checkbox on the login page available, you must install the Client Integration Plug-in.
About this task
Using SSPI speeds up login for the user who is currently logged in to a machine.
Your Windows domain must be set up properly.
- Navigate to the vSphere Web Client login page.
- If the Use Windows session authentication check box is not available, click Download the Client Integration Plug-in at the bottom of the login page.
- If the browser blocks the installation by issuing certificate errors or by running a pop-up blocker, follow the Help instructions for your browser to resolve the problem.
- Close other browsers if you are prompted to do so.
After installation, the plug-in is available for all browsers.
- Exit and restart your browser.
After the restart, you can select the Use Windows session authentication check box.