You can add new members to a vCenter Single Sign-On group from the vSphere Web Client.
You can add members of Microsoft Active Directory or OpenLDAP groups to a vCenter Single Sign-On group. You cannot add groups from external identity sources to a vCenter Single Sign-On group.
Groups that are listed on the Groups tab in the vSphere Web Client are internal to vCenter Single Sign-On and are part of the vsphere.local domain.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client as firstname.lastname@example.org or as another user with vCenter Single Sign-On administrator privileges.
Users with vCenter Single Sign-On administrator privileges are in the CAAdmins group.
- Click Home, and browse to .
- Click the Groups tab and click the group (for example, Administrators).
- In the Group Members area, click the Add Members icon.
- Select the identity source that contains the member to add to the group.
- (Optional) Enter a search term and click Search.
- Select the member and click Add.
You can simultaneously add multiple members.
- Click OK.