If you choose not to write troubleshooting information into a virtual machine log file stored on the VMFS volume, you can stop logging altogether.
About this task
If you disable logging for the guest operating system, be aware that you might not be able to gather adequate logs to allow troubleshooting. Further, VMware does not offer technical support for virtual machine problems if logging has been disabled.
- Find the virtual machine in the vSphere Web Client inventory.
- To find a virtual machine, select a datacenter, folder, cluster, resource pool, or host.
- Click the Related Objects tab and click Virtual Machines.
- Right-click the virtual machine and click Edit Settings.
- Select .
- In Settings, deselect Enable logging.
- Click OK.