When Virtual SAN is enabled in the manual mode for the host cluster, you must select SSD and HDD disks to be claimed by Virtual SAN. After you select the disks, Virtual SAN organizes the disks into default disk groups. This is a semi-automatic method of creating disk groups.
- Browse to the Virtual SAN cluster in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Manage tab and click Settings.
- Under Virtual SAN, click Disk Management.
- Click the Claim Disks icon.
- Select disks to be used for Virtual SAN.
On each host, you must select at least one SSD and one or multiple HDDs. If you select several SSDs, the number of HDDs must be equal to the number of SSDs, or greater.
Virtual SAN claims the disks that you select and organizes them into default disk groups that back the Virtual SAN datastore.