Display datastores for a specific parent object, such as a datacenter, cluster, or host.
About this task
- From the vSphere Web Client Home, click vCenter.
- Use the vSphere Web Client object navigator to browse to an object that is a valid parent object of a datastore, such as a datacenter, cluster, or host.
- Click the Related Objects tab and click Datastores.
If any datastores are configured for this object, they appear in the center Datastores panel.
- Use the icons to create a datastore or to perform basic tasks for a selected datastore.
Create a datastore.
Increase datastore capacity.
Mount a datastore to certain hosts.
Remove a datastore.
Unmount a datastore from certain hosts.
- Use tabs to access additional information and modify datastore properties.
View introductory information and access basic actions.
View statistics and configuration for the selected datastore.
View alarms, performance data, resource allocation, events, and other status information for the datastore.
View and modify datastore properties, alarm definitions, tags, and permissions. Use this tab to access storage devices that back the datastore, and to view and edit multipathing details for the datastore devices.
View objects related to the datastore. The objects include virtual machines that reside on the datastore and hosts where the datastore is mounted.