With Dynamic Discovery, each time the initiator contacts a specified iSCSI storage system, it sends the SendTargets request to the system. The iSCSI system responds by supplying a list of available targets to the initiator.
When you set up Dynamic Discovery, you can only add a new iSCSI system. You cannot change the IP address, DNS name, or port number of an existing iSCSI system. To make changes, remove the existing system and add a new one.
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Manage tab, and click Storage.
- Click Storage Adapters and select the iSCSI adapter to configure from the list.
- Under Adapter Details, click the Targets tab and click Dynamic Discovery.
- Click Add.
- Type the IP address or DNS name of the storage system and click OK.
- Rescan the iSCSI adapter.
After establishing the SendTargets session with the iSCSI system, you host populates the Static Discovery list with all newly discovered targets.