This section introduces the setup for Hitachi Data Systems storage. This storage solution is also available from Sun and as HP XP storage.
- LUN masking
- To mask LUNs on an ESXi host, use the HDS Storage Navigator software for best results.
- Microcode and configurations
- Check with your HDS representative for exact configurations and microcode levels needed for interoperability with ESXi. If your microcode is not supported, interaction with ESXi is usually not possible.
The modes you set depend on the model you are using, for example:
- 9900 and 9900v uses Netware host mode.
- 9500v series uses Hostmode1: standard and Hostmode2: SUN Cluster.
Check with your HDS representative for host mode settings for the models not listed here.