To be able to use Virtual SAN, you must correctly configure network interfaces on the ESXi host that are included in the Virtual SAN cluster. Hosts use Virtual SAN network to communicate with each other.
About this task
On each host that participates in the Virtual SAN cluster, create a VMkernel network adapter to use as a Virtual SAN interface.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the host.
- Click the Manage tab and click Networking.
- Select VMkernel adapters and click the Add host networking icon.
- On the Select connection type page, select VMkernel Network Adapter and click Next.
- Configure a target device.
- On the Port properties page, select Virtual SAN traffic.
- Complete the VMkernel adapter configuration.
- Verify that the Virtual SAN column shows Enabled as the status for the VMkernel adapter.
Virtual SAN is enabled for networking.
What to do next
You can now activate Virtual SAN on the host cluster.