With iSCSI initiators, in addition to the dynamic discovery method, you can use static discovery and manually enter information for the targets.
Before you begin
About this task
When you set up Static Discovery, you can only add new iSCSI targets. You cannot change the IP address, DNS name, iSCSI target name, or port number of an existing target. To make changes, remove the existing target and add a new one.
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Manage tab, and click Storage.
- Click Storage Adapters and select the iSCSI adapter to configure from the list.
- Under Adapter Details, click the Targets and click Static Discovery.
- Click Add.
- Enter the target’s information and click OK.
- Rescan the iSCSI adapter.