An independent hardware iSCSI adapter is a specialized third-party adapter capable of accessing iSCSI storage over TCP/IP. This iSCSI adapter handles all iSCSI and network processing and management for your ESXi system.
The setup and configuration process for the independent hardware iSCSI adapters involves these steps:
- Check whether the adapter needs to be licensed.
See your vendor documentation.
- Install the adapter.
For installation information and information on firmware updates, see vendor documentation.
- Verity that the adapter is installed correctly.
- Configure discovery information.
- (Optional) Configure CHAP parameters.
- (Optional) Enable Jumbo Frames.