Generally, you do not have to change the default multipathing settings your host uses for a specific storage device. However, if you want to make any changes, you can use the Manage Paths dialog box to modify a path selection policy and specify the preferred path for the Fixed policy.
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Manage tab, and click Storage.
- Click Storage Devices.
- Select the storage device whose paths you want to change and click the Properties tab.
- Under Multipathing Properties, click Edit.
- Select a path selection policy.
By default, VMware supports the following path selection policies. If you have a third-party PSP installed on your host, its policy also appears on the list.
Most Recently Used (VMware)
Round Robin (VMware)
- For the fixed policy, specify the preferred path.
- Click OK to save your settings and exit the dialog box.