When setting up your ESXi host to boot from iSCSI, you need to configure iSCSI boot settings.
- From the Fast!UTIL Options menu, select .
- Before you can set SendTargets, set Adapter Boot mode to Manual.
- Select Primary Boot Device Settings.
- Enter the discovery Target IP and Target Port.
- You can leave the Boot LUN and iSCSI Name fields blank if only one iSCSI target and one LUN are at the specified address to boot from. Otherwise, you must specify these fields to ensure that you do not boot from a volume for some other system. After the target storage system is reached, these fields will be populated after a rescan.
- Save changes.
- From the iSCSI Boot Settings menu, select the primary boot device. An auto rescan of the HBA is made to find new target LUNS.
- Select the iSCSI target.
If more then one LUN exists within the target, you can choose a specific LUN ID by pressing Enter after you locate the iSCSI device.
- Return to the Primary Boot Device Setting menu. After the rescan, the Boot LUNand iSCSI Name fields are populated. Change the value of Boot LUN to the desired LUN ID.