If you created a virtual disk in the thin format, you can convert the thin disk to a virtual disk in thick provision format.
- In the vSphere Web Client, browse to the virtual machine.
- Double-click the virtual machine.
- Click the Related Objects tab and click Datastores.
The datastore that stores the virtual machine files is listed.
- Click the datastore link to open the datastore management panel.
- Click the Manage tab and click Files.
- Open the virtual machine folder and browse to the virtual disk file that you want to convert.
The file has the .vmdk extension and is marked with the virtual disk () icon.
- Right-click the virtual disk file and select Inflate.
The inflated virtual disk occupies the entire datastore space originally provisioned to it.