Access the Datastores view with the vSphere Web Client navigator. The Datastores view that you display through the navigator lets you list all datastores available in the vSphere infrastructure inventory, analyze the information, and modify properties. You can also use the view to create datastores.
About this task
To list datastores for a particular parent object, such as a datacenter, cluster, or host, see List Datastores for an Infrastructure Object.
- From the vSphere Web Client Home, click vCenter.
- Under Inventory Lists, click the Datastores category.
Datastores that are available in the inventory appear in the center Datastores panel.
- Use the icons to create a datastore or to perform basic tasks for a selected datastore.
Create a datastore.
Increase datastore capacity.
Mount a datastore to certain hosts.
Remove a datastore.
Unmount a datastore from certain hosts.
- To view specific datastore details, double-click a selected datastore.
- Use tabs to access additional information and modify datastore properties.
View introductory information and access basic actions.
View statistics and configuration for the selected datastore.
View alarms, performance data, resource allocation, events, and other status information for the datastore.
View and modify datastore properties, alarm definitions, tags, and permissions. Use this tab to access storage devices that back the datastore, and to view and edit multipathing details for the datastore devices.
View objects related to the datastore. The objects include virtual machines that reside on the datastore and hosts where the datastore is mounted.