This section describes the setup and configuration steps needed to allow an HP StorageWorks MSA1510i storage system to communicate with ESXi hosts.
- Install, connect, and power up the network devices as detailed in the vendor installation document.
- Obtain the IP address assigned to the MSA1510i controller management port.
- Scroll through the messages on the LCD panel until the following message appears: 603 Port MA0 IP address
- Record the management port IP address that appears in Basic MSA1510i information.
- From the server or a workstation on the MSA1510i LAN segment, open a Web browser and enter the address obtained in 2.
- When prompted, enter the default access permissions.
- User name:
- User name:
- When prompted, set a unique user name and password.
- Using the wizard, complete the following actions.
Option Description Storage configuration
- Set the Fault Tolerant mode (RAID mode).
- Assign a spare disk for appropriate RAID level.
iSCSI configuration (configure an iSCSI portal)
Note: To configure the remaining data ports, complete the Initial System Configuration Wizard process, and then use tasks available on the Configure tab.
- Select a data port.
- Assign an IP address to the data port.
- VLANs are set up on the switch and are used as one method of controlling access to the storage. If you are using VLANs, enter the VLAN ID to use (0 = not used).
- The wizard suggests a default iSCSI Target Name and iSCSI Target Alias. Accept the default or enter user-defined values.
Login settings Enter login settings. Management settings Enter management settings.
- Click Finish to apply the configuration settings.
Note: Wizards are available for basic configuration tasks only. Use the Manage and Configure tabs to view and change your configuration.
What to do next
After initial setup, perform the following tasks to complete the configuration:
- Create an array.
- Create a logical drive.
- Create a target.
- Create a portal group.
- Associate or assign the portals created using the wizard with the portal group created.
- Map logical drives to the target.
- Add initiators (initiator IQN name and alias).
- Update the ACLs of the logical drives to provide access to initiators (select the list of initiators to access the logical drive).