Prior to generating a support bundle request, to facilitate better troubleshooting, you should reconfigure the logging level of the VMware Inventory Service to TRACE.
You might have to change your vCenter Server logging configuration if any of several problems occur when you use the vSphere Web Client. The following problems are possible:
- Loading the inventory tree does not work.
- Client is unable to log into vCenter Server.
- Properties or objects in the client appear out of date or missing.
- Open <Inventory Service install location>\lib\server\config\log4j.properties.
- Change the keys log4j.logger.com.vmware.vim and log4j.appender.LOGFILE.Threshold to the new log level.
For example, log4j.logger.com.vmware.vim = TRACE (or log4j.appender.LOGFILE.Threshold = TRACE) sets the Inventory Service logging to trace.Valid log levels are TRACE, DEBUG, INFO, WARN, ERROR, in increasing order of verbosity.
- Restart the VMware Inventory Service to pick up the new log level.