You can change the name and type of an existing baseline group, as well as add or remove the upgrade and patch baselines from a baseline group.
Before you begin
You can edit baseline groups only if you have the Manage Baseline privilege.
Connect the vSphere Client to a vCenter Server system with which Update Manager is registered, and on the Home page, click Update Manager under Solutions and Applications. If your vCenter Server system is part of a connected group in vCenter Linked Mode, you must specify the Update Manager instance to use, by selecting the name of the corresponding vCenter Server system in the navigation bar.
About this task
You edit baseline groups from the Update Manager Client Administration view.
- On the Baselines and Groups tab, select the type of baseline group to edit by clicking either Hosts or VMs/VAs.
- Select a baseline group from the Baseline Groups pane and click Edit above the pane.
- Edit the name of the baseline group.
- (Optional) : Change the included upgrade baselines (if any).
- (Optional) : Change the included patch baselines (if any).
- (Optional) : Change the included extension baselines (if any).
- Review the Ready to Complete page and click OK.