To view compliance information and remediate objects in the inventory against baselines and baseline groups, you must first attach existing baselines and baseline groups to these objects. You can attach baselines and baseline groups to object from the Update Manager Web Client in the vSphere Web Client.
Before you begin
Verify that you have the Attach Baseline privilege.
Verify that all the baselines or baseline groups that you want to use are already created. You can create baselines and baseline groups only from the Update Manager Client plug-in for the vSphere Client.
About this task
You cannot create baselines and baseline groups from the Update Manager Web Client interface. To attach a different baseline or baseline group than the ones you see in the Attach Baseline or Group dialog of the Update Manager Web Client, you must first create them in Update Manager Client plug-in for the vSphere Client.
- Start the vSphere Web Client, and log in to the vCenter Server system.
- Select an appropriate object in the vSphere Web Client object navigator.
- Click the Monitor tab, and click Update Manager.
- Click Attach, and select the types of baselines you want to attach.
- In the Individual Baselines pane, select one or more baselines to attach to the object.
- In the Baseline Groups pane, select one or more baseline groups to attach to the object.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Scan the selected object against the attached baselines.