From the Configuration tab of the vSphere Client, you can set a maximum value for the bandwidth that an ESXi 5.x host uses when downloading VIBs.
- Log in to the vSphere Client.
- In the vSphere inventory pane, select the ESXi 5.x host for which you want to limit the update download bandwidth.
- On the Configuration tab, click Advanced Settings in the Software pane.
- In the Advanced Settings window, click UserVars.
- Type a value for UserVars.EsximageNetRateLimit to set the maximum rate for downloading VIBs in bytes per second.
For example, type 1048756 to limit the download rate to 1048756 bytes per second, or 1MB per second.Typing 0 removes the bandwidth limit.