You must configure the email sender account to enable vCenter Server to send email notifications as alarm actions.
- Connect the vSphere Client to a vCenter Server system with which Update Manager is registered.
- Select vCenter Server Settings dialog box. to view the
- In the navigation pane, select Mail.
- Specify the SMTP server information.
The SMTP Server is the DNS name or IP address of the SMTP gateway to use for sending email messages.
- Enter the sender account information.
The sender account is the email address of the sender.
For example, email@example.com
- Click OK.