Fixed baselines consist of a specific set of patches that do not change as patch availability changes.
Connect the vSphere Client to a vCenter Server system with which Update Manager is registered, and on the Home page, click Update Manager under Solutions and Applications. If your vCenter Server system is part of a connected group in vCenter Linked Mode, you must specify the Update Manager instance to use, by selecting the name of the corresponding vCenter Server system in the navigation bar.
- On the Baselines and Groups tab, click Create above the Baselines pane.
- Type a name, and optionally, a description of the baseline.
- Under Baseline Type, select Host Patch, and click Next.
- Select Fixed for the type of baseline and click Next.
- Select individual patches to include and click the down arrow to add them to the Fixed Patches to Add list.
- (Optional) Click Advanced to find specific patches to include in the baseline.
- Click Next.
- On the Ready to Complete page, click Finish.
The new baseline is displayed in the Baselines pane of the Baselines and Groups tab.