To view compliance information and remediate objects in the inventory against specific baselines and baseline groups, you must first attach existing baselines and baseline groups to these objects.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have the Attach Baseline privilege.
About this task
You can attach baselines and baseline groups to objects from the Update Manager Client Compliance view.
Although you can attach baselines and baseline groups to individual objects, a more efficient method is to attach them to container objects, such as folders, vApps, clusters, and datacenters. Individual vSphere objects inherit baselines attached to the parent container object. Removing an object from a container removes the inherited baselines from the object.
If your vCenter Server system is part of a connected group in vCenter Linked Mode, you can attach baselines and baseline groups to objects managed by the vCenter Server system with which Update Manager is registered. Baselines and baseline groups you attach are specific for the Update Manager instance that is registered with the vCenter Server system.
- Connect the vSphere Client to a vCenter Server system with which Update Manager is registered and select in the navigation bar.
- Select the type of object that you want to attach the baseline to.
For example, Hosts and Clusters or VMs and Templates.
- Select the object in the inventory, and click the Update Manager tab.
If your vCenter Server system is part of a connected group in vCenter Linked Mode, the Update Manager tab is available only for the vCenter Server system with which an Update Manager instance is registered.
- Click Attach in the upper-right corner.
- In the Attach Baseline or Group window, select one or more baselines or baseline groups to attach to the object.
If you select one or more baseline groups, all baselines in the groups are selected. You cannot deselect individual baselines in a group.
- (Optional) : Click the Create Baseline Group or Create Baseline links to create a baseline group or a baseline and complete the remaining steps in the respective wizard.
- Click Attach.
The baselines and baseline groups that you selected to attach are displayed in the Attached Baseline Groups and Attached Baselines panes of the Update Manager tab.